The Bladon Volunteers are an informal group of about 20 residents, supported by the Parish Council, who do work around the village that otherwise may not get done.
Projects in 2019 included:
- Washing all the road signs on the main road and cleaning and painting street signs.
- Re-painting one of the old village pumps.
- Pruning, watering and mulching the new fruit trees in the recreation ground.
- Planting snowdrops donated by residents and rescued from building sites.
- Reporting and following up the condition of footpaths and cutting back brambles.
- Weeding the churchyard path.
- Litter picking.
So far this year we have succeeded in getting The Blenheim Estate to remove a tricky and dangerous stile in Manor Road.
The Parish Council also keeps a list of volunteers who help grit our paths and pavements in snowy weather. For details please email email@example.com
If anyone is interested in volunteering and has a little time to spare please let the Clerk know. It is a great way to contribute to the Community, get some healthy exercise, and meet new people.